Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Working Cattle summer 2009

Last night we helped my Dad start working cattle. We got up Westfall flat pasture and vaccinated, ear tagged, spot on, and worked calves that needed to be worked. Just getting a start on the summer working. We had a lot of fun and there was quite a bit of goofing around going on. I know that sometimes it is hard living so close to the family, and I am sure that we get on everyones nerves sometimes, but we love helping out and doing things with them. Thanks Dad, for letting us keep horses here and for being such a great Bopoo. I also want to take this opportunity, now that school is officially out, to thank my Mom. For those of you who don't know, my Mom babysat Jennifer's kids full time this school year so that she would not have to put them in day care. Halfway through the school year, I decided to do some part-time substitute teaching......and guess who offered to watch the kids. There were lots of days that my Mom was watching 4 young kiddos, and then turned around on some weekends and evenings and watched mine so that I could ride or help work cattle. I don't know many grandmas out there who would be willing to make that kind of commitment/sacrifice for their children and grandchildren. Thanks so much for being such an awesome Mom. Maybe someday, we will be able to repay you(not that you'll let us).
Two cute cowboys
Quinn's concentrating




Posing..nice buns!






Quinn pulling calves



The spectators



Cade loves his Aunt Jackee, we love her too, she is a really awesome sister-in-law!!



Zane(Adam and Gwen's boy) and Cade

Get it good Quinn, we don't want their horns to grow back.

Adam


Rusty




Adam and Quinn


Adam on his favorite horse

Quinn, what a handsome cowboy!!!













2 comments:

Carman said...

cute cowboys!! and pictures! haha!
'Cowboy butts drive me Nuts'!!! ;o)

Unknown said...

looks like you guys are having fun!! can't wait to see you guys!!